Best practices for creating and uploading 3D models for AR/XR use
The 3D asset allows you to create Vatom NFTs that are visible in AR/XR space. 3D objects can have animations, sounds, and can react based on user input (for example User "Tap").
We currently support binary glTF 2.0 (.glb) format.
3D Model Best Practices
- Keep poly count under 25k tris
- Keep your combined file size small (under 5MB)
- Keep textures files to the power of 2 (e.g. 128 x 1024, 1024 x 512, etc.)
- Pivot point is at the base of the model
- Model dimensions must be in meters (1 unit = 1 meter)
- In Blender only edit model in "Edit" mode to avoid scaling. Use "Apply all Transformations" in Object Mode to apply modificatons and reset Scale to 1.
- Forward vector of object is along Z axis. (In Blender, X axis)
- To reduce poly-count, bake Text into Images.
Use https://gltf.report/ to verify your model
Use https://sandbox.babylonjs.com/ to verify your model