Using Blender 3D Modeling Software to create entirely customized worlds and objects optimized for Vatom Spaces.
The following guide has been designed to enable creators to build performant worlds for the Vatom Spaces platform, using the open-source 3D modeling and animation software Blender.
Vatom Spaces uses glTF or GLB format 3D object files.
- Models & Meshes
- UV Unwrapping
- Mesh Normals
- Importing into World
- Adjusting Looks
Advanced Developer Resources: https://developer.vatom.com/
Basic Size Guidelines for Spaces
We want every space to offer a smooth and immersive user experience, in order to achieve this in a website environment we recommend the following poly count and texturing guidelines for content creators.
Below are some guidelines which should be used as a template when creating new spaces.
- Meshes / Triangles
- Spaces & Environments: 50,000 or fewer
- Objects: 25,000 or fewer
- Textures: .jpg or .png format. Use as few texture images as possible.
- Small-Medium Objects & Accents (512x512px)
- Medium to Large and Detailed Objects (1024x1024px)
- Large Ground and Wall Planes (2048x2048px)
- Max Image Size (4096x4096px)
- Total Model Size
- Large Area Buildings/Structures: < 25 MB
- Objects: < 5 MB
- Materials: Basic shader with light data baked in
- Collision Layer: Create super-low poly "Collision Layer" over detailed or complicated models
- Walls: Utilize single planes and "Back-face Culling" to prevent exterior walls from blocking user cameras.
We look forward to seeing what you can create!